Verizon Policy Statement on Net Neutrality

Stephen Satchell list at satchell.net
Fri Feb 27 21:10:42 UTC 2015

On 02/27/2015 09:40 AM, Naslund, Steve wrote:
> If people want a different ratio of up to downlink speed it could
> certainly be done.  ADSL is by definition asymmetric.  We also sold
> SDSL which is symmetric service and the primary buyers were generally
> businesses.  See G.SHDSL  if you want a standard for symmetric DSL.
> It's there, it is just not a popular.

When I was involved with private-loop provision, what I noticed here in
northern Nevada is that the provisioning of T1 circuits moved from
baseband signalling to SDSL.  From the standpoint of cable management,
the splatter from SDSL was MUCH lower than the splattering of baseband
T1, so instead of being limited to a single T1 circuit per 25-pair
bundle, you could have several circuits.

TIA T1Q1 has quite a lot to say on this.