Observations of an Internet Middleman (Level3) (was: RIP Network Neutrality

Clayton Zekelman clayton at MNSi.Net
Mon May 12 14:00:53 UTC 2014

Actually, I've done a bit of overbuild, and it does "omg cost a lot".

We don't know how much Google Fiber has paid to build the
network.  They're Google, they can do it just because they feel like it.

Of course I don't have any proof, but the rest of your points may not
be far off the mark.

At 09:44 AM 12/05/2014, Nick B wrote:
>Google Fiber and various other FTTH services disprove the "omg it costs a
>lot" theory.  This is purely a money grab by a monopoly, sanctioned by the
>FCC because.. the people doing the money grab own the FCC.  It helps to
>keep in mind that several of the parties involved in this grab *HAVE
>ALREADY BEEN PAID TO EXPAND THEIR NETWORKS BY THE PUBLIC, AND HAVE FAILED
>TO DO SO*.  I'm not really sure how anyone could view this whole thing as
>fair, honest or even legal.  I also fully expect the FCC to sign off on it
>as the receipt says "Paid by Verizon."
>Nick

---

Clayton Zekelman