Cross connecting two routers with channelized interfaces

Diogo Montagner diogo.montagner at gmail.com
Wed May 16 12:31:10 UTC 2012

Hi Faisal,

I have tried the setup in my lab. I can get the cSTM1s UP and the
controllers E1 up. But when I try to configure the subinterface, the
protocol does not come online.

Below is the configuration in one of the sides. The other side has
similar configuration.

controller SONET 4/0/2
 framing SDH
 aug controller au-4-tug-3
!

controller AU-4-TUG-3 4/0/2.1/1
 mode c-12
 tug-2 1 e1 1 channel-group 0 timeslots 1
!

interface Serial4/0/2.1/1/1/1:0
 bandwidth 64
 ip address 10.1.1.1 255.255.255.252