best practives multi-homed BGP 2 physical locations

Philip Lavine source_route at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 14 22:33:58 UTC 2012

Easy part:
I need to provide my users acces to the internet from my HQ site via a local Internet connection or via a colo.

Hard part:
I also need to provide incoming access to hosted apps (HTTP, FTP, SMTP) from either location, so if the colo internet connection goes down the traffic can re-route to the HQ server farm and visa versa.
I am in the process of purchasing an AS and ip space. Is it advisable to use the same IP space at both locations and run iBGP over a dedicated L2 connection between the sites.