best practives multi-homed BGP 2 physical locations

Randy randy_94108 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 15 01:22:35 UTC 2012

so, say you end up with a /24 and your ASN

split up your /24 into hq-/25 and colo-/25

from colo:
1) announce /24 as a standard adv
2) announce colo-/25 with *no-export* community set

from hq:
1) announce /24 as a standard adv
2) announce hq-/25 with *no-export* community set

Run iBGP over a dedicated link b/w colo and hq (I don't like allow-as in! but it is another option)

./Randy