Hijacked Network Ranges

Kelvin Williams kwilliams at altuscgi.com
Tue Jan 31 18:00:33 UTC 2012

Greetings all.

We've been in a 12+ hour ordeal requesting that AS19181 (Cavecreek Internet
Exchange) immediately filter out network blocks that are being advertised
by ASAS33611 (SBJ Media, LLC) who provided to them a forged LOA.

The routes for networks: 208.110.48.0/20, 63.246.112.0/20, and
68.66.112.0/20 are registered in various IRRs all as having an origin AS
11325 (ours), and are directly allocated to us.

The malicious hijacking is being announced as /24s therefore making route
selection pick them.

Our customers and services have been impaired.  Does anyone have any
contacts for anyone at Cavecreek that would actually take a look at ARINs
WHOIS, and IRRs so the networks can be restored and our services back in
operation?

Additionally, does anyone have any suggestion for mitigating in the
interim?  Since we can't announce as /25s and IRRs are apparently a pipe
dream.

--
Kelvin Williams
Sr. Service Delivery Engineer

"If you only have a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail." --
Abraham Maslow