Route Management Best Practices

Joe Marr jimmy.changa007 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 07:04:15 UTC 2012

Thanks Mark

What do you use for reflectors, hardware(Cisco/Juniper) or software
daemons(Quagga)?

I've been toying with the idea of using Quagga route servers to announce
our prefixes to our edge routers and redistribute BGP annoucements learned
from downstream customers. Only drawback is the lack of support for tagged
static routes, so it looks like I'm going to have to use a network
statement w/ route-map to set the attributes.

Has anyone tried this, or is it suicide?