MD5 considered harmful

John Kristoff jtk at cymru.com
Mon Jan 30 23:57:41 UTC 2012

On Fri, 27 Jan 2012 15:52:41 -0500
"Patrick W. Gilmore" <patrick at ianai.net> wrote:

> Unfortunately, Network Engineers are lazy, impatient, and frequently
> clueless as well.

While the quantity of peering sessions I've had is far less than
yours, once upon a time when I had tried to get MD5 on dozens of peering
sessions I learned quite a bit about those engineers and those
networks.  I got to find out who couldn't do password management, who
never heard of MD5 and who had been listening to Patrick.  :-) All good
input that inform what else I might want to do to protect myself from
those networks or who I wouldn't mind having a business relationship
with.

John