US DOJ victim letter

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Mon Jan 30 15:54:02 UTC 2012

On 1/27/2012 2:23 PM, Jon Lewis wrote:

> It's definitely real, but seems like they're handling it as
> incompetently as possible. We got numerous copies to the same email
> address, the logins didn't work initially. The phone numbers given are
> of questionable utility. Virtually no useful information was provided.
> My attitude at this point is, ignore it until they provide some useful
> information.

We finally got the hard copy. No customer IP listed, just our recursive
resolvers, both for the customers as well as the ones that handle the MX
servers.

All that waiting and work for apparently nothing. I'm going to guess
that my bind servers aren't malware infected (outside of being bind
j/king).

Jack