juniper mx80 vs cisco asr 1000

Skeeve Stevens skeeve at eintellego.net
Fri Jan 20 20:06:56 UTC 2012

The MX80 license locked is not 5Gb

The MX5 is 20Gb TP - 20 SFP ports card, only one MIC slot active
The MX10 is 40Gb TP - 20 SFP ports card. both MIC slots active
The MX40 is 60Gb TP - 20 SFP ports card, both MIC slots + 2 of the onboard
10GbE ports
The MX80 is 80Gb TP - 20 SFP ports card, both MIC slots + all 4 of the
onboard 10GbE ports
The MX80-48T is 80Gb TP - 48 Copper ports, both MIC slots + all 4 of the
onboard 10GbE ports

Last year the licensed versions were called MX80-5G, MX8-10G and so on, but
as on this month they've renamed them to MX5, MX10, MX40's - note that the
old MX80 could come with or without -T timing support, the new ones ONLY
have timing.

…Skeeve

--

*Skeeve Stevens, CEO*
eintellego Pty Ltd

Phone: 1300 753 383 ; Fax: (+612) 8572 9954

Cell +61 (0)414 753 383 ; skype://skeeve

facebook.com/eintellego

twitter.com/networkceoau ; www.linkedin.com/in/skeeve

PO Box 7726, Baulkham Hills, NSW 1755 Australia

The Experts Who The Experts Call
Juniper - Cisco – Brocade - IBM