juniper mx80 vs cisco asr 1000

PC paul4004 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 16:50:32 UTC 2012

While the ASR1002 does offer more services, I generally disagree with some
parts of this comparison.

Juniper has some very aggressive pricing on mx80 bundles license-locked to
5gb, which are cheaper and blow the performance specifications of the
equivalent low end ASR1002 out of the water for internet edge BGP
applications.  Unlike the ASR, a simple upgrade license can unlock the
boxes full potential.

Just my opinion as a customer of both vendors...