US DOJ victim letter

Robert Bonomi bonomi at mail.r-bonomi.com
Fri Jan 20 19:08:56 UTC 2012

> From nanog-bounces+bonomi=mail.r-bonomi.com at nanog.org  Fri Jan 20 08:11:24 2012
> Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 08:07:10 -0600
> From: -Hammer- <bhmccie at gmail.com>
> To: nanog at nanog.org
> Subject: Re: US DOJ victim letter
>
> On a less serious note, did anyone notice the numbers on the fbi.gov
> link? I'm pretty sure they are implying those are IP addresses.
> 123.456.789 and 987.654.321. Must be the same folks that do the Nexus
> documentation for Cisco.

For illustration purposes, for a non-techincal audience, it seems (at
least somewhat) reasonable to use 'nonets' instead of octets.  After
all, 'no nets' are clearly not what DNS -should- be returning. *GRIN*

And, of course, systems using the traditional unix dotted-quad to binary
conversion logic _will_ happily convert those strings to a 32-bit int.