IP Management Software

Matt Addison matt.addison at lists.evilgeni.us
Sat Jan 14 02:16:23 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 17:18, Brett Watson <brett at the-watsons.org> wrote:
> 6Connect definitely has a nice IPAM solution, right now more tailored for service providers but it's linked to the regional registries and helps you do requests for address space, etc. I think they're working on an enterprise-based version as well.

I'd love 6connect if they supported VRF in some fashion. The only
decent tool (in the foss/inexpensive corner of the market) I've found
so far which supports multiple overlapping address space for VRF
management (and enforcing uniqueness within VRF) is nocproject which
has it's own set of quirks/problems. I can kind of fake it in 6connect
with tags and adding duplicate blocks, but then I'm doing a lot of
legwork on the human side to make sure the blocks are actually unique
within VRF.