Fwd: Re: DOCSIS 3.0 & PPPoE/L2TP compatibility

Scott Helms khelms at ispalliance.net
Wed Aug 1 14:23:26 UTC 2012

We ended up using something like this to separate out the traffic at
layer 2 for each ISP:

http://www.cablelabs.com/cablemodem/downloads/specs/CM-SP-L2VPN-I03-061222.pdf

Look at section 5.1.2 Multiple ISP L2VPNs

Basically the modems get DHCP & their config from the cable operator but
the CPEs get DHCP (and IP connectivity) from the individual ISPs.

--
Scott Helms
Vice President of Technology