Fwd: Re: DOCSIS 3.0 & PPPoE/L2TP compatibility

iptech iptech at northrock.bm
Wed Aug 1 14:17:09 UTC 2012

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the feedback,

yes this is how I understand it also, however I find it strange that the
Cisco platform designated as the future LNS will not accommodate the
DOCSIS 3.0requirements - not much collaboration. There is no roadmap for
introcducing PPTP on the ASR1K that I can see, so i will not be holding
out for one.

I am veering towards using a L2 pw solution, but would be interested to
hear what you have used in-house yourself to accommodate this change,
care to share?

Thanks