Network Storage

Maverick myeaddress at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 21:16:27 UTC 2012

Thank you very much for your suggestions.

1) My goal is to store the traffic may be fore ever, and analyze it in
the future for security related incidents detected by ids/ips.

2) I am storing just header and initial few bytes but still it gets
filled up quite quickly.

3) Netflow approach is nice but I also want to have traces available
for reasons mentioned in 1).

4) Are there any issues having an external storage as a solution for
this problem.

Best,
Ali