CCDP (Was: April fools joke?)

Alex Brooks askoorb+nanog at
Mon Apr 2 06:30:02 CDT 2012

On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 3:54 PM, Alec Muffett <alec.muffett at> wrote:
> On 1 Apr 2012, at 15:30, Justin Wilson wrote:
> >       I hate April 1 on the Web. You are right you never can tell.  I
> > would be
> > appalled if someone as respectable as the BBC stoops to downright dumb
> > pranks.
> It is true.
> It's called the Communications Capabilities Development Programme (CCDP)

More details (from a fairly level-headed viewpoint) have been
published at

It looks like for more details we'll have to wait for the Queen's
Speech on the 9th of May (and the following white / command papers and
other guff) when it looks like she'll announce it with all the other
legislation her government will try to pass over the next year.