CCDP (Was: April fools joke?)

Alec Muffett alec.muffett at
Sun Apr 1 09:54:10 CDT 2012

On 1 Apr 2012, at 15:30, Justin Wilson wrote:
> 	I hate April 1 on the Web. You are right you never can tell.  I would be
> appalled if someone as respectable as the BBC stoops to downright dumb
> pranks.

It is true.

It's called the Communications Capabilities Development Programme (CCDP) and is comprehensively discussed at the OpenRightsGroup* wiki:

...and somewhat less comprehensively at:

See also ZDNet from February, in case you think it's still an April 1st joke:

	- alec

* disclosure: I help out with ORG in an unpaid capacity