Microsoft deems all DigiNotar certificates untrustworthy, releases updates

Alexander Harrowell a.harrowell at
Wed Sep 7 11:34:50 CDT 2011

On Wednesday 07 Sep 2011 17:17:10 Network IP Dog wrote:
> FYI!!!
> ms_all_diginotar_certificates_untrust.html
> Google and Mozilla have also updated their browsers to block all
> certificates, while Apple has been silent on the issue, a emblematic
> response!
> Cheers.

It would be really nice if the folk at Twitter would fix their images
servers (i.e si* to use a non-evil CA (i.e. not Comodo or
DigiNotar or Bubba Gump's Bait, Firearms & Crypto Verification). Not
that user pics are a great loss, but if you use
Tweetdeck/Seesmic/whatever, the constant SSL cert warnings from dozens-
to-hundreds of user pics are noisy.

This is trivial whining on my part but it is operational.

The only thing worse than e-mail people who send e-mail
to lists complaining about them