BGP Peers as basis of available routes

Raymond Dijkxhoorn raymond at prolocation.net
Wed Oct 19 07:38:21 UTC 2011

Hi!

> Ok. Thanks for the information :)  So that would mean that to answer my
> question, I would need to determine the web hosting provider who has the most
> number of peers and most number of transit providers?

>> You wont see those local peerings unless all those providers have looking
>> glasses. So thats not gonna work out in this case. You will only see who
>> they transit with...

I cant answer that, only you can. If that hosting provider has many peers
but your customers are not behind them its of no use.

But generally a hosting provider with many local peers, either public or
private -might have- ok connections ;)

For example if they private peer with 10 mbps and the other one has 10
gbps public peering...

There isnt a real answer to your question. Its based on your own buisiness
needs and decisions on those.

Bye,
Raymond.