BGP Peers as basis of available routes

Thilo Bangert thilo.bangert at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 08:03:51 UTC 2011

On Wednesday, October 19, 2011 09:35:04 AM Nathanael C. Cariaga wrote:
> Ok. Thanks for the information :)  So that would mean that to answer my
> question, I would need to determine the web hosting provider who has the
> most number of peers and most number of transit providers?

what i found usefull is to check the autnum objects in whois, as many document
their peerings and transits there.

robtex has also some of this info, in a webinterface...

also helpful was peeringdb - you can lookup indvidual ASs without logging in
like this

http://as<asnumber>.peeringdb.com/

it may give you an indication as to which exchanges your (potential) provider
is present at - though not all providers have a / maintain their peeringdb
record.

HTH
kind regards
Thilo