OT: Server Cabinet

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Wed May 4 14:33:20 UTC 2011

Once upon a time, Joe Greco <jgreco at ns.sol.net> said:
> Now of course we have no idea what's going to be mounted in this, but
> it's an HP rack so I assume maybe HP servers, which tend towards the
> heavy.

One thing about using a 2-post rack for servers that can be a problem is
that most 2-post racks I've seen have tapped holes, ready for screws,
and some server rails (such as Dell) pretty much require square hole or
round hole racks instead.  You can get third-party server rails that
will work with a tapped hole rack, but that's an extra expense (and
irritation).

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>