HIJACKED: 148.163.0.0/16 -- WTF? Level3 is now doing IP hijacking??

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Wed Mar 30 21:59:24 UTC 2011

In message <BE8C4985-F955-4868-8145-146E57BBF639 at pch.net>,
Bill Woodcock <woody at pch.net> wrote:

>On Mar 30, 2011, at 1:58 PM, Ronald F. Guilmette wrote:
>> As I already mentioned, 159.223.0.0/16, which is actually registered =
>> the Hoechst Celanese Corporation, has quite obviously been hijacked
>
>And have you reported this to ARIN?

No.  Why would I?

The ARIN folks have already made it abundantly clear... to me and to others...
that this sort of thing is "Not our job, man."

ARIN maintains a data base.  If other people elect to ignore what's in that
data base... well... as anybody from ARIN will be only too happy to tell you,
they are not the routing police.

Regards,
rfg