Cogent depeers ESnet

Robert Bonomi bonomi at mail.r-bonomi.com
Mon Jun 20 01:43:43 UTC 2011

> From georgeb at gmail.com  Sun Jun 19 17:48:31 2011
> Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 15:48:32 -0700
> Subject: Re: Cogent depeers ESnet
> From: "George B." <georgeb at gmail.com>
> To: Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
> Cc: Robert Bonomi <bonomi at mail.r-bonomi.com>, nanog at nanog.org
>
> On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 2:47 PM,  <Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu> wrote:
> > On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 03:15:09 CDT, Robert Bonomi said:
> >
> >> Anybody got draft language for a SLA clause that requires routing 'at
> >> least one hop _past_ the provider's network edge' for every AS visible
> >> at major public peering points and/or LookingGlass sites?
> >
> > *every* ASN? Oh my. ;)

No, not an *unqualified* "every ASN".

Merely every one that is 'publicly visible' at any 'signficiant' point on
the network.  <*GRIN*>

> I would qualify that a bit to say "every ASN available at every peering
> point at which the provider appears".

I wrote it the way I did, because I expressly did not want that loophole.

If a provider claims they provide 'complete' Internet acess, the idea is
to require _complete_ access.