Yup; the Internet is screwed up.

Jeroen van Aart jeroen at mompl.net
Sat Jun 11 22:25:41 UTC 2011

Don Gould wrote:
> 100/40 isn't about 6 channels of TV and even less about torrents.
>
> It's about BIR not CIR.
>
> It's about dropping my HD video recorder, with 2 hours of random video
> recorded at todays 'family birthday party', on its 'hot shoe' and it

> All these new gadgets will drive the need for much more home networking
> technology.
>
> It's why we need more 1's and 0's to move.

But this is all luxury, it's not the fulfillment of a basic need and
even a right (as proclaimed by the UN). It's going above and beyond
that, which is fine, but it's not *needed* in the sense of survival and
being able to further yourself in life and career.

Just as a toyota corolla perfectly fulfills the need to drive your
toddlers around and drive to and from work. An SUV in almost all cases
is added luxury.

Greetings,
Jeroen

--