Cogent & HE

Brielle Bruns bruns at 2mbit.com
Thu Jun 9 16:10:53 UTC 2011

On 6/9/11 7:37 AM, Owen DeLong wrote:
> I was an HE Tunnel users long before I joined the company. In my experience,
> our free tunnel service is quite reliable and provides excellent connectivity.
> HE has been happily exchanging BGP and routing my /48 for several
> years. The high quality of this service and the quick resolution to my
> (very few) problems even on a free service is one of the things that attracted
> me to join the company.
>
> However, for those that want production-grade business-class tunnels,
> we have launched a paid tunnel service as well.

For a while we were in a similar setup with HE - free BGP tunnel for our
/48 to our provider who didn't have native IPv6 at the time.  Turnaround
time for issues was a few hours at most (if even that), and their
knowledgeable BGP people helped us with some annoying/aggravating ARIN
policies that initially prevented us from getting an AS number.

So, maybe I'm biased in singing their praises.  Its the little things
that make all the difference, IMHO.

--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org    /     http://www.ahbl.org