IPv6 to China (Was: Re: IPv6 day fun is beginning!)

Xiaoliang Zhao xleonzhao at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 15:13:52 UTC 2011

I have a similar setting as Jamie, VZ Fios plus HE tunnel, except I am
running a FreeBSD VM to terminate tunnel and to run rtadvd. everything
works nicely, so I thought I could do some tests on IPv6 connectivity
and speed to China. There is a single-stack IPv6 website
(bt.neu6.edu.cn) hosted by a chinese university providing torrents
files. It is a single-stack because most chinese universities do not
need pay for v6 traffic at this moment. I have no problem to open the
website through v6 and i started a utorrent downloading with about 29
v6 peers and 5 v4 peers. my peak download speed reached 22Mbps...

Best,
Leon