Steve Jobs has died

Jeroen van Aart jeroen at mompl.net
Mon Dec 19 20:23:52 UTC 2011

Lamar Owen wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 11, 2011 04:00:44 PM Douglas Otis wrote:

>> products are able to provide good returns.  In this view, the analogy
>> holds when price alone is not considered.

> And, like Edison, Mr. Jobs fiercely championed his own technologies over all others; just one example is in the field of electricity where Edison's DC lost the war to Tesla's AC.  Time has yet to tell how well Mr. Jobs' walled garden devices and OS's do, finally.

A bit late, but I found this quote in relation to the topic quite
interesting and perhaps fitting a not all too uncommon sentiment:

http://www.stallman.org/archives/2011-sep-dec.html#27_October_2011_%28Steve_Jobs%29

"Mayor Washington's words (..):

     When he says that he would hope that I would have all the good
qualities of past mayors, there are no good qualities of past mayors to
be had. None. None. None. None.

     I did not mourn at the bier of the late mayor. I regret anyone
dying. I have no regrets about him leaving."

--
Earthquake Magnitude: 3.4