Microsoft JMRP (Mail) Admin Needed

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Tue Dec 20 02:10:23 UTC 2011

I'm trying to sign up for Microsoft's Junk Mail Reporting Program.
Multiple representatives keep sending me more-or-less form responses
saying they can't add my dynamic customer IP ranges because they're
"included in...[a] third party block list". The list in question is the
SpamHaus PBL.

They clearly don't understand that the SpamHaus PBL (unlike other
SpamHaus lists) is not a list of IPs that have sent spam. I'm looking
for someone with a clue that can help me.

Thanks,
Richard Laager
Wikstrom Telephone Company

P.S. Even ignoring the PBL, this policy of not enrolling IP ranges that
are listed on DNSBLs doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Even if the IPs
had been sending spam, wouldn't Microsoft want the ISP's help in
stopping that?