IPv6 end user addressing

Philip Dorr tagno25 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 02:34:33 UTC 2011

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 8:56 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:

> I'm glad I live in Owen's world and not Bill's. I think my appliance vendors
> will make much cooler and more useful products than yours.

In Owen's world the fridge and pantry would know what they have, the
amounts, and possibly location. The recipe book would be able to check
what is in the fridge and pantry and tell if you need to buy more.  It
could then set the oven to the correct temperature when you reach the
correct step in the recipe.

Yes, all that could be done with servers on the pantry and fridge, but
then there would be different implementations of each protocol and
incompatibilities between the fridge, pantry, recipe book, and oven.