IPv6 end user addressing

Mark Newton newton at internode.com.au
Thu Aug 11 02:54:06 UTC 2011

On 11/08/2011, at 12:04 PM, Philip Dorr wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 8:56 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
>>
>> I'm glad I live in Owen's world and not Bill's. I think my appliance vendors
>> will make much cooler and more useful products than yours.
>
> In Owen's world the fridge and pantry would know what they have, the
> amounts, and possibly location. The recipe book would be able to check
> what is in the fridge and pantry and tell if you need to buy more.  It
> could then set the oven to the correct temperature when you reach the
> correct step in the recipe.

The wine cellar will know how much you drank last night, and communicate with
the life-critical systems in the car to prevent engine start while you're
over the limit.  When the home BMS network notices that the flow sensor on the
shower hasn't started at the usual time the next morning, it'll play an IVR
out of your home PBX network to tell the boss you're too hungover to come to
work.

Owen's world has built in automated protection to help you through the fact that
IPv6 subnetting will turn you to drink :-)

  - mark

--
Mark Newton                               Email:  newton at internode.com.au (W)
Network Engineer                          Email:  newton at atdot.dotat.org  (H)