365x24x7

Bill Stewart nonobvious at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 04:37:51 UTC 2011

On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 8:00 AM, Jay Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
> The TV master control facility in which I'm working presently does it
> by doing overlapping 10 hour shifts; it takes 10 people to have 2 on-shift
> at all times.  You work 6 hours with one person, and 4 with the other.

My brother-in-law once had a job tending a TV relay station;
the shift was drive up the mountain, work 48 hours, drive back,
but unless something was broken he only had to read meters
every three hours and could nap in between.

----
             Thanks;     Bill

Note that this isn't my regular email account - It's still experimental so far.
And Google probably logs and indexes everything you send it.