365x24x7

Marshall Eubanks tme at americafree.tv
Fri Apr 15 13:52:11 UTC 2011

On Apr 15, 2011, at 9:37 AM, Greg Moore wrote:

> When I did this years ago I found 5 was really a minimum so that I could cover weekends and then had extra coverage as needed during the week.
>
> I did find it was good to swap out the graveyard shift every 6 months or so.

When I worked with NASA and the Navy on remote locations that needed full time staffing, the rule of thumb was
5 people and 4 shifts was the absolute minimum, and the people had to be motivated enough to pull 12 hour shifts on a regular basis (i.e., this
was very bare bones). The 4th shift was needed during the weekends.

Anything less, and you would have uncovered periods if, say, 2 people got sick simultaneously.

Regards
Marshall