neglected route-servers

Jon Lewis jlewis at
Mon Oct 11 09:53:20 CDT 2010

Guess what happens when you run a 7206VXR (NPE300) as a route server with
3 full feeds?  It took me a minute to figure out why my routes that
TWTelecom isn't supposed to see were showing up on, but were seemingly randomly alternating
between Network not in table and showing up.

If anyone from TWTelecom is here, it's probably time to swap out that
NPE300 for something with more than 256MB RAM.  It's running out of RAM
and resetting all the BGP sessions before they finish getting full routes.

  Jon Lewis, MCP :)           |  I route
  Atlantic Net                |
_________ for PGP public key_________