Level3 leaking routes?

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Mon Oct 11 14:23:29 UTC 2010

Has anyone else seen this, starting about midnight EDT last Friday night /
Saturday morning?  I advertise a few [more specific] routes to Level3
tagged with 65000:0 for TE.  This is something that's worked for years.
Either some of Level3's peers have become customers, or there's something
wrong with Level3's route propagation filters that broke last Friday
night.

customer traffic engineering communities - Suppression
64960:XXX - announce to AS XXX if 65000:0
65000:0   - announce to customers but not to peers
65000:XXX - do not announce at peerings to AS XXX

  Jon Lewis, MCP :)           |  I route
  Atlantic Net                |