Anyone can share the Network card experience

Heath Jones hj1980 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 14:13:00 UTC 2010

It depends on the speed of the PCI slot. In saying that, you are only
trying to transfer 1Gb/s.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCI_Express
Note the thoughts on there about full duplex..

"PCI Express 1.0a
In 2003, PCI-SIG introduced PCIe 1.0a, with a data rate of 250 MB/s
and a transfer rate of 2.5 GT/s."

"PCI Express 2.0
PCI-SIG announced the availability of the PCI Express Base 2.0
specification on 15 January 2007.[9] The PCIe 2.0 standard doubles the
per-lane throughput from the PCIe 1.0 standard's 250 MB/s to 500 MB/s.
This means a 32-lane PCI connector (x32) can support throughput up to
16 GB/s aggregate. The PCIe 2.0 standard uses a base clock speed of
5.0 GHz, while the first version operates at 2.5 GHz."

I can't give you practical advice, but its a good place to start your reading...

Cheers
Heath