Competition for Internap's FCP product.

Holmes,David A dholmes at mwdh2o.com
Thu Feb 25 19:58:47 UTC 2010

The ability to manage bandwidth over multiple ISP links each of which
may charge variable rates per Mb, and also be billed by the 95th
percentile billing method, is the main justification for a device like
the Routescience product. In my experience ROI is captured in a
relatively short time.  Since Routescience uses the second and third
packets of the TCP 3-way handshake to calculate the fastest route to
destination prefixes, then this is an added bonus to the ability to dial
bandwidth up or down over numerous ISP links.

Also Routescience-type devices free up the person who sits and
calculates BGP best routes manually, so that person can perform more
productive and efficient work in other areas.