Some truth about Comcast - WikiLeaks style

Frank Bulk - frnkblk at
Fri Dec 24 22:17:37 CST 2010

That's not my understanding.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jay Ashworth [mailto:jra at]
Sent: Friday, December 24, 2010 10:25 AM
Subject: Re: Some truth about Comcast - WikiLeaks style

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Frank Bulk -" <frnkblk at>

> Uhm, D-CATV is not IP just quite yet. Sometimes I wish that's the
> case, but it's still very much RF.
> There are several vendors that sell GPON solutions that support RF
> over fiber, and there's always IP TV.

Hmm.  I had acquired the idea, from looking at the setup screens on the
latest gen SciAt converters that it was, at very least, FDM IP multicast;
that is, MPEG2 over IP multicast, and then multiplexed 4:1 or so into
multiple broadband carriers, but sent as IP multicast streams and
decoded that way.  No?

-- jra