Some truth about Comcast - WikiLeaks style

Robert Bonomi bonomi at mail.r-bonomi.com
Tue Dec 21 06:42:09 UTC 2010

> Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 18:28:06 -0800
> From: Leo Bicknell <bicknell at ufp.org>
> Subject: Re: Some truth about Comcast - WikiLeaks style
>
> In a message written on Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 10:18:25AM +0800, Adrian Chadd=
>  wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 20, 2010, Aaron C. de Bruyn wrote:
> > > When was the last time USPS delivered you a 100 pound UPS unit over nig=
> ht from across the country while letting you track it's progress?
> >=20
> > Trouble is, now they can't. Why? Because they'd be threatening the jobs of
> > hard working Fedex/UPS/etc. employees.
>
> It's crazier than you think.
>
> http://www.usps.com/news/2001/press/pr01_015.htm
>
> Express, Priority, and First Class mail flies FedEx, and has since
> 2001.  I's part of a larger deal which is also why you now see a
> FedEx drop box at every post office.
>
> I guess it's coopertition.  I think I just made up a word. :)
>
> So if it's illegal for you to put a letter inside a FedEx box,

Bzzt!  It's -not- illegal to put a letter inside a FedEx box.  It just has
to have the appropriate (USPS) postage on it, _as_well_ as paying the FedEx
service/delivery fee.  This is true if it is just the letter you're sending,
or if it is a sealed letter -inside- a box/package being shipped..

Now _live_scorpions_, on the other hand, are someting that the USPS _will_
delive, but AFAIK no 'express' service will handle.  (One discovers some
of the strangest things when one actually sits down and *reads* the _complete_
rules/regulation on a subject.  In this case, it's the "Domestic Mail Manual".
Scorpions are 'addressed' in 601.9.3.10)