Want to move to all 208V for server racks

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri Dec 3 00:21:57 UTC 2010

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Ricky Beam" <jfbeam at gmail.com>
>
> Just because someone is selling them doesn't mean they meet building
> codes. (esp. for residential use.) None of the dozen or so licensed
> electricians I've ever talked to will use them.

The breakers, I assume you mean.

> None of my local Lowes stock anything you'd use in a home. (60A
> breakers?) [of course, their website does lie.] And some of those available
> online are not UL listed.
>
> I know the one's I've seen installed (circa 1980) were delisted -- GE
> sent notice to the electricians that installed them.

This page: http://www.hilo-electric.com/blank?pageid=63 suggests that 2008
code still *permits* them, but neither it nor the concurring Wikipedia
article mentions then category having been delisted or manufacture-decontinued.

And indeed, I had little luck with Google trying to find evidence of mass
delistings of GFCI breakers.

Cheers,
-- jr 'are we off-topic enough, now? :-)' a