Want to move to all 208V for server racks

Ricky Beam jfbeam at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 23:02:08 UTC 2010

On Thu, 02 Dec 2010 17:26:51 -0500, Nathan Stratton <nathan at robotics.net>
wrote:
> They are????
>
> Bought some at Grainger the other day.

Just because someone is selling them doesn't mean they meet building
codes. (esp. for residential use.)  None of the dozen or so licensed
electricians I've ever talked to will use them.

None of my local Lowes stock anything you'd use in a home. (60A breakers?)
[of course, their website does lie.] And some of those available online
are not UL listed.

I know the one's I've seen installed (circa 1980) were delisted -- GE sent
notice to the electricians that installed them.

--Ricky