UCEProtect Level 3

Claus v. Wolfhausen c.v.wolfhausen at spamkiller.uceprotect.net
Fri May 8 13:31:51 UTC 2009

Why do you believe people which are using Level 3 are not aware what it is
doing?
We have given a very detailed description how it works and also
recommendations how to use it.
See: http://www.uceprotect.net/en/index.php?m=3&s=5
Additionaly we are writing BIG FAT warnings also into the downloadable
zonefile
See: http://wget-mirrors.uceprotect.net/rbldnsd-all/dnsbl-3.uceprotect.net
gz
As you can see we don't make a secret out of what it is: A boycottlist.
Therefore we have to assume that those which are using it for blocking do
exactly know what they are doing.
It clearly depends on where you are and where you expect mail from, if you
can or cannot use it for blocking.According to Al Iverson's stats (which
didn't get updated since summer 2008) it looks like it is not doing so much
false positives if used in North America.See: http://stats.dnsbl.com/uce3
html
If used in Germany, Austria or Switzerland it even looks better:
See our stats: http://stats.uceprotect.net/week.html
Of course it will almost always be necessary to use a whitelist in
combination with ASN-Blocking.
YMMV
Claus von Wolfhausen
UCEPROTECT-Network