tor

Suresh Ramasubramanian ops.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 15:52:35 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 9:07 PM, Aaron Porter<atporter at gmail.com> wrote:
> Would you feel better if instead of "Tor" it was called "Crowds" and
> instead of those rapscallions at the EFF it was a nice respectable
> AT&T Research project from Avi Ruben? I bet I still have my "Anonymity
> Loves Company" shirt somewhere... Anonymous speech is a vital concept
> if you expect Free speech.

... as long as it doesnt get abused, yes.  When it gets so that the
volume of abuse gets far higher than the volume of use, they go the
way of all those anon remailers (nym.alias.net and othes)

And while we are at listing research projects .. there are multiple
other great projects around - from the berkman center and elsewhere,
that do much the same.

Only - they're targeted at specific repressive regimes - even
customized to them.

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian (ops.lists at gmail.com)