Fiber cut - response in seconds?

Charles Wyble charles at thewybles.com
Tue Jun 2 18:34:35 UTC 2009

David Barak wrote:
> Encryption is insufficient - if you let someone have physical access for a long enough period, they'll eventually crack anything.

Really? I don't think so. I imagine it would be much more dependent on
the amount of computing power the attacker has access to. More encrypted
blobs won't help. If that was the case then the various encryption
schemes in wide use today would be cracked already. Bad guys can setup
networks and blast data through it and have complete access. I don't see
them cracking encryption.