Open Source / Low Cost NMS for Server Hardware / Application Monitoring

Andrey Gordon andrey.gordon at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 13:56:33 UTC 2009

May I also mention InterMapper from Dartware. Very low price solution.
Doesn't do well with trending and graphing out of the box (use RRD to
get data out of it), but I like the live maps, platform independence
and ease of creating new probes. I try to use SNMP wherever possible,
but it can take pass parameters to an external script and analyze it's
output as well.