Can someone from SORBS contact me offlist?

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Sat Jul 11 22:59:24 UTC 2009

On Sat, 11 Jul 2009, Ronald Cotoni wrote:

> Sadly, this is for remote hosts.  I have no idea why someone would use such
> services as there are too many false positives.

Desperation in trying to limit the amount of spam delivered.

> It is like using an IDS that is 2 weeks behind on it's definition.

That's still going to be more effective than no IDS.

Anyone blocking using DNSBLs really ought to know how to locally whitelist
to override the DNSBLs.  Maybe you'll need to accept mail from a host that
legitimately has issues and isn't a FP.

  Jon Lewis                   |  I route
  Atlantic Net                |