Can someone from SORBS contact me offlist?

William Pitcock nenolod at systeminplace.net
Sat Jul 11 19:34:18 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-07-11 at 11:11 -0600, Brielle Bruns wrote:
> On 7/11/09 11:05 AM, Ronald Cotoni wrote:
> > Yes, they are really bad.  It is actually quite silly that a blacklisting
> > service is that slow on responding to problems.
>
> I find it unacceptable that people demand instant service from a company
> they don't have prior business arrangements/relationship with.  Average
> turn around time for the AHBL is around two weeks if we don't have an
> established contact and procedure with.

Yes, but the AHBL is actually a responsible blacklist service.

SORBS has policies which make me choose to not use it on my mailservers,
and the general amount of complaints I have heard about it is a major
turnoff.

Also, I believe SORBS are the ones that require a donation to get out if
you've been screwed by your upstream provider that just handed you a
tainted class-C.  With the shortage of IPv4 addresses becoming more and
more imminent, such policy is simply unacceptable.

William
--
William Pitcock
SystemInPlace - Simple Hosting Solutions