news from Google

Richard Bennett richard at bennett.com
Fri Dec 4 13:53:32 UTC 2009

   Bruce Williams wrote:

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 2:20 PM, Paul S. R. Chisholm
[1]<psrchisholm at gmail.com>wrote

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 5:07 PM, Ken Chase [2]<math at sizone.org> wrote:

We all know that google is leveraging cross-referenceable information

from all

of its services for its profit/advantage ...

/kc
--
Ken Chase - [3]ken at heavycomputing.ca - +1 416 897 6284 - Toronto CANADA
Heavy Computing - Clued bandwidth, colocation and managed linux VPS @151

Front St. W.

Ken, this was addressed in the announcement:

[4]http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/privacy.html

We built Google Public DNS to make the web faster and to retain as
little information about usage as we could, while still being able to
detect and fix problems. Google Public DNS does not permanently store
personally identifiable information.

[5]http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/faq.html#account
[6]http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/faq.html#shared
[7]http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/faq.html#info

Is any of the information collected stored with my Google account?
No.
Does Google share the information it collects from the Google Public
DNS service with anyone else?
No.
Is information about my queries to Google Public DNS shared with other
Google properties, such as Search, Gmail, ads networks, etc.?
No.

Hope this helps.  --PSRC

And this will never change? Not even when you check the box for the latest
update that says it changes some terms and here is the link,,,,,,,

Bruce

   The Adsense tracking cookie was once an opt-in, but after Google
   acquired that company and crushed the competition it became an opt-out,
   unbeknownst to many consumers. This is the way these generally go.
   Google will be all sweetness and light until they've crushed OpenDNS,
   and when the competitor's out of the picture, they'll get down to the
   monetizing.
--
Richard Bennett