East Africa Fibre Connectivity- Heads up

Raymond Macharia rmacharia at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 10:13:46 UTC 2009

Hello all,in the last two weeks or so providers in East Africa, particularly
in Kenya where I am, have been moving from Satellite to Fibre for the
internet Back bone connectivity. From where I am I have seen an upsurge of
about 100Mbps in the last two days from my users. It would be interesting to
know if anyone out there has seen an increase in traffic from this region
and by how much. There is more to come as providers are cutting prices and
adding bandwidth to their networks.

Best Regards

Raymond Macharia