IM based BGP route-server interface

mkarir mkarir at merit.edu
Wed Aug 12 16:26:22 UTC 2009

All,

Thanks to all who responded and provided useful feedback.  We had an
overwhelmingly positive response.  We have incorporated a bunch of
comments into the new version of the bot that is currently live.
Some of the most visible changes are:
   - added minimal support for ping and traceroute from the bot
interface
   - added a new aslookup command to provide a quick conversion of
     AS numbers to names and names to as numbers
   - added a show ip bgp view command to list possible views that can
      be queried
   - added support for cisco shortcuts
   - IPv6 bgp views should be available soon as well.
   - the jabber version of the bot was moved to a new server.

The new versions of the bots are currently live at:
AIM: bgpbotz
Jabber: bgpbotz at jabber.research.merit.edu

We would be happy to add more BGP views to the bot if anyone is
willing to
provide us with a BGP feed.  So far we have only received 1 BGP feed
offer.
The new version of the bot code has been updated on the website as well
if folks want to give that a shot.
http://software.merit.edu/bgpbotz

Comments and feedback are welcome and appreciated.

Thanks.
Eric Wustrow and Manish Karir
(Merit Network Inc.)